Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Plantation life




Mindy and I took the kids to an old cotton plantation today that was really interesting. I didn't get to tour most of the house but got a quick view inside. The farm animals were wandering around so Claire and Isaac went to herd the sheep back into the pen. As Mindy and I walked up, Claire and Isaac came tearing around the corner as fast as they could being chased by a mean old rooster. I am laughing about their faces still as I type this. That rooster was a mean guy and Mindy(being the mother hen she is) used her purse to shoo him away. I was laughing so hard at her swinging her purse at him like an old lady does to a pick pocket. The purse swinging worked for a while and then she tried kicking at him until her shoe went flying and I just about fell on the ground laughing. It was super funny.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is totally hilarious! I can totally picture it and it makes me laugh! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? no pictures of the crazy lady purse swinging? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good laugh, I needed it. Great imagery Heather.

    ReplyDelete