Saturday, July 24, 2010

Lake Wylie Tri

Swimming in the open water - I was super freaked out about the whole thing before but was super calm in the water. Maybe too calm since I was the absolute last person out of the water : )
But I did it and now that I know I can do it, I am going to try again and do better on my next race!
Coming in on the bike - I love the bike portion!
Coming in on the run. It was a super hilly course and I took it easy and enjoyed it since I had such a horrible swim time. Man, I need to work on my form!
Jason, me, Kathryn, Cami, Alison and Adria. The four ladies on the right all placed in the top 3 of their categories and I couldn't be more proud of them!

It was a great experience and totally empowering to know that I can conquer my fears!

2 comments:

  1. nice work, heather! i am very impressed-- don't know if i'll ever do a triathlon (i'm NOT a fast swimmer) so i think anyone who does one is pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amaze me, Heath! Great job! I love that it looks like you're laughing as you got out of the water!

    ReplyDelete