Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Hot Dog Bistro

We've gone high class here since Heather has been gone for a few days. When we came home from a long day of soccer games (see below) and I told the kids I was grilling hot dogs instead of taking them to dinner, they improvised and brought the restaurant to our house. Spencer took our orders (under Sydney's close supervision) and together they prepared the plates and served all of us. We had hot dogs prepared to order, a choice of two sides (baked beans, oranges, or both), veggie straws and our choice of beverages. We even had wrapped silverware that was lovingly held shut with painter's tape. Dinner was topped off by a custom-made sundae.

Sydney's intent on the ball.

Spencer is waiting to see where it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, is this Kurt blogging? I'm impressed! That's so fun to play restaurant! I used to do that all the time! I miss those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Utah with my sisters in law having a girls weekend. I was gone from Wednesday-Monday. Kurt did a wonderful job holding down the fort and even keeping up my pictures. He is so great!!

    yes, their fields are turf - with walls. Kind of like indoor soccer played outside.

    ReplyDelete